Are you looking for lower-priced insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Honda CR-V insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Honda and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Austin agents.
It's smart to quote other rates once or twice a year since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Honda CR-V insurance in Austin a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Cheapest companies for Honda CR-V insurance in Texas
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$156||$294||$392||$24||$118||$984||$82|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$246||$502||$366||$22||$110||$1,246||$104|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$246||$460||$422||$24||$126||$1,278||$107|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$326||$502||$438||$26||$130||$1,422||$119|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$166||$236||$334||$20||$100||$856||$71|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$282||$460||$422||$24||$126||$1,314||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise rates substantially.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Honda CR-V insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims raise Honda CR-V car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda CR-V insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda CR-V settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Cheaper rates using theft deterrents - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft.
- Car insurance rates and age - Young drivers in Texas are known to be inattentive behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Cheaper rates after marriage - Walking down the aisle actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don't let your car insurance lapse - Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- How much liability protection - Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
- Honda CR-V statistical loss data - Insurers use claims history when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-V Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD 68 81 58 93 86 77 Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD 69 82 69 90 87 78
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Honda CR-V insurance in Austin
Companies do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Austin can help you save on insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Austin auto insurance on the web.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships - Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, emergency military deployment, driver training, and seat belt use.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, home ownership, and new car.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA discounts include good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Austin, click here to view.
Local Austin insurance agencies and insurance
A lot of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Austin.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find local Austin agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Austin are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Austin who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Time Insurance Agency
1405 E Riverside Dr - Austin, TX 78741 - (512) 447-7773 - View Map
- Lezam Insurance
4301 W. William Cannon Dr., Ste. B-120 - Austin, TX 78749 - (512) 263-4333 - View Map
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd - Austin, TX 78735 - (512) 730-1424 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin that can give you price quotes.
- Herman Askew - State Farm Insurance Agent
13201 Pond Springs Rd #105 - Austin, TX 78729 - (512) 250-5533 - View Map
- Karen Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
7004 Bee Cave Rd #3 - Austin, TX 78746 - (512) 327-6200 - View Map
- Dick Cohalla - State Farm Insurance Agent
10711 Burnet Rd #102 - Austin, TX 78758 - (512) 837-4210 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in Austin will have answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Drivers who switch save $433 a year? Really?
Texas drivers constantly see and hear ads that claim the lowest premium rates from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise of big savings just by moving to their company.
How does each company have lower policy pricing? You have to listen carefully.
Companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that earns them the most money. For example, a preferred risk may need to be over age 30, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A driver that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Austin and therefore will save if they switch.
Insureds who do not meet this stringent profile will probably have to pay a more expensive rate and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "drivers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
That is why it's extremely important to do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will be your best fit.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Frequent quotes can save
When searching for low cost Austin auto insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered many ways to save on Honda CR-V insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper auto insurance in Austin is definitely available on the web and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)