Searching for better insurance prices for your Toyota Camry in Texas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to find car insurance online so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Toyota and find the best price possible from Austin insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices yearly because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Toyota Camry insurance in Austin two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You can search a lot of Camry insurance on the internet, but you can learn some great ideas on how to find affordable car insurance in Austin.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, use these tips to find the best rates and still have adequate protection. Shopping around for affordable insurance in Austin is quite easy. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Toyota Camry insurance in Austin is to understand auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including how much you drive, an estimate of your credit level, if you have a valid license, and what your job is. That rating data is instantly sent to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise Toyota Camry insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Camry insurance costs by gender and age in Austin
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Camry yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take advantage of these discounts
Some insurers don't always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow their company to analyze driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Paperless Signup - Some companies may give you up to $50 get Austin car insurance on your computer.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used Camry may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Austin car insurance quote.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
Don't be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- MetLife has savings for good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, student away at school, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, and pay-in-full.
Check with all the companies the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount rates in Austin, click this link.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Keep the miles off and save - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Camry can result in significantly higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Influences performance influences auto insurance rates - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Due to the fact that the Toyota Camry is a sedan, insurance will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Austin. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Continuous insurance coverage saves money - Driving without insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Keep claims to a minimum - Car insurance companies in Texas generally give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Your address can push rates up or down - Residing in a small town has it's advantages when buying insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims. Drivers who live in large Texas cities have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Single drivers may have higher rates - Having a significant other may save some money on your insurance policy. It translates into being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Toyota Camry historical loss data - Insurers analyze the history of losses when setting premium rates. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Toyota Camry Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||124||100||110||118||127||96|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Austin who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
When looking for local Austin agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning how they are different since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company's rates like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
- Greg Pearson - State Farm Insurance Agent
8705 Shoal Creek Blvd #102 - Austin, TX 78757 - (512) 451-0188 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amanda Escobar
8700 Manchaca Rd #405 - Austin, TX 78748 - (512) 280-9700 - View Map
- Bennie Council - State Farm Insurance Agent
6448 US-290 f110 - Austin, TX 78723 - (512) 454-4524 - View Map
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you need to get several quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Austin willing to provide price quote information.
- Danback Insurance Agency
8312 Burnet Rd #115 - Austin, TX 78757 - (512) 454-4567 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: James Gary Howe
3720 Far West Blvd #114 - Austin, TX 78731 - (512) 346-7645 - View Map
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 343-0280 - View Map
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Consumers in Texas can't ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest auto insurance rates by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads convey the message that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free Austin car insurance quote and switch your policy.
How does every company claim to save you money? This is the trick they use.
Different companies require specific criteria for the type of insured they prefer to insure. A good example of this type of risk profile should be between the ages of 40 and 55, has few claims, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who fits those characteristics will get the preferred rates in Austin and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who do not fit this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premiums which leads to the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can state the savings. This really emphasizes why it's extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have better premium rates than you're paying now.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
The cheapest Toyota Camry insurance in Austin can be found from both online companies in addition to many Austin insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Toyota Camry insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Austin car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver and extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Austin? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)