Volkswagen Jetta insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
No one rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
Regrettably, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Drivers in the United States could save roughly 46.5% every year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Due to the abundance of companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to pick the lowest price insurance company.
This article will tell you how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Although Texas drivers need to learn the way companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Best companies for Volkswagen Jetta insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$268||$456||$334||$20||$100||$1,178||$98|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,214||$101|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$378||$584||$424||$26||$128||$1,540||$128|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,374||$115|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$410||$858||$438||$26||$130||$1,862||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter price quotes substantially.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new Jetta can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Austin can get you a discount because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Early Signing - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Jetta insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Austin car insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But all discounts will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, early bird, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, driver's education, good driver, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Travelers has savings for save driver, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, multi-policy, payment discounts, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, federal employee, good student, air bags, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Volkswagen Jetta rate quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in Austin. To find auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Austin, click here.
Lower Your Austin Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability insurance is cheap - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one chargeable violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have careless violations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Car insurance rates and age - Teen drivers in Texas are proven to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Many car insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Keep claims to a minimum - Insurance companies in Texas give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Drive less and save - The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year's time the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Jetta may be wasting your money. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles - Insurance companies study historical loss data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Jetta Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I compare prices from local Austin insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Austin.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Best car insurance agent in Austin
When researching a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent agencies in Austin that may be able to give pricing information.
Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 343-1106 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin willing to provide price quote information.
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does their agency support local causes in Austin?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Don't give up on cheaper rates
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices online in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is available below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Austin? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)