Would you like to stop overpaying and find more affordable auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Buick Verano insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Buick and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Austin agents.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons as often as possible because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best deal on Buick Verano insurance in Austin last year you can probably find a better rate now. There is a lot of wrong information about Verano insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to save money.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Austin is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this strategy. Consumers only have to learn the proper methods to shop for auto insurance from many different companies.
Four factors that determine insurance prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your prices.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Buick Verano is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Austin. Small economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Age of drivers – Inexperience drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Big cities have higher prices – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Texas cities have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Do you know you’re credit history? – A driver’s credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit. If your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Verano by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Buick Verano claim data – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Buick Verano Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Austin Buick Verano insurance quotes
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Austin Verano insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Verano more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Austin is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for cheap car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Verano insurance in Austin.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new Verano is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few companies that may offer policyholders these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Austin auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in Austin. If you would like to view car insurance companies with significant discounts in Austin, click this link.
Insurance quotes from local Austin insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Austin auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agent help file claims?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Austin may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can write insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Karen Easterling – State Farm Insurance Agent
2711 W Anderson Ln #201 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4784 – View Map
- David Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-8825 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amanda Escobar
8700 Manchaca Rd #405 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 280-9700 – View Map
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to check rates from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Austin that can give you price quote information.
- E-Z Insurance – South
4011 S 1st St – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9700 – View Map
- Greater Texas Insurance
9809 Anderson Mill Rd – Austin, TX 78750 – (512) 250-5055 – View Map
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
Affordable insurance rates are possible
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on Buick Verano insurance in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Austin auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Discount Buick Verano insurance in Austin can be purchased online in addition to many Austin insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
More detailed insurance information is located at these sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Austin Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Austin? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)