Trying to come up with a payment for pricey auto insurance can empty your savings account and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
It’s shocking but over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Austin consumers could save approximately 70% each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around. Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Austin.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm and Allstate give prices for coverage online. Doing online price comparisons for Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Austin is pretty painless as you simply enter your personal and coverage information on the page. After you submit the form the quote system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get cheap auto insurance pricing.
To quickly compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will get a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$230||$346||$310||$18||$94||$998||$83|
|Town and Country Touring||$176||$322||$366||$22||$110||$996||$83|
|Town and Country Signature||$234||$312||$424||$26||$128||$1,124||$94|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$286||$512||$366||$22||$110||$1,296||$108|
|Town and Country Limited||$258||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage rates greatly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Chrysler Town and Country insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Austin car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Austin drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Austin car insurance quote as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for professional/association, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, multi-policy, annual mileage, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, good driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, good student, anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, student away at school, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies everywhere. To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Austin insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Austin that can give you free Austin car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Austin?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes for Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Austin.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I rate my Chrysler Town and Country as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Cheap Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Austin is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)