How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Lexus RX 350 insurance in Austin? Are you burned out from paying out the nose to keep your car insured? You are no different than many other Texas consumers.
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. U.S. insurance shoppers could save themselves about 47% a year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Due to the abundance of insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to pick the most affordable insurer.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices every six months because insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Austin two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the proper way to lower your annual insurance bill.
To get low cost Austin auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from companies that offer insurance in Texas. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Lexus RX 350 insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to drive around to and from local Austin insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Lexus RX 350 insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional assistance of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Austin RX 350 insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$354||$788||$486||$28||$146||$1,802||$150|
|RX 350 4WD||$196||$414||$452||$26||$136||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence auto insurance rates considerably.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions drive up Lexus RX 350 auto insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper RX 350 insurance.
- E-sign – Many companies provide a small discount for completing your application digitally online.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Austin can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
To choose car insurance companies with the best Lexus RX 350 insurance discounts in Austin in Austin, click here.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Austin.
Once you complete this short form, your information is sent to companies in Austin who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
The following are agents in Austin that may be able to provide rate quotes for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Austin.
Deciding on a insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Austin?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
After receiving good feedback to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you may have found an insurer that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Will my Lexus RX 350 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Lexus RX 350 Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in cheaper rates.
- Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Limits of liability insurance – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be more careless with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto your insurance can really hurt. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums.
- Prevent theft and save – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Good drivers pay lower costs – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Insurance loss data for a Lexus RX 350 – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Lexus RX 350 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus RX 350 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus RX 350 4dr 2WD 111 96 91 72 97 88 Lexus RX 350 4dr 4WD 122 99 112 83 75 78
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus RX 350 in Austin, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus RX 350 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus RX 350. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote more to save more
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Lexus RX 350 insurance premium rates online in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Discount Lexus RX 350 insurance in Austin can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Austin, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Austin Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Austin? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)