Searching for cheaper insurance rates in Round Rock, TX? Round Rock shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on car insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a and find the cheapest rates either online or from Round Rock insurance agents.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates without reducing protection. This article’s intent is to teach you the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings Consumers just have to use the most effective way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Free Round Rock car insurance rate quotes
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. Just take the time to get quotes from online providers.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,312||$656||$109|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$1,114||$557||$93|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,642||$821||$137|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,434||$717||$120|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$934||$467||$78|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,152||$576||$96|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in Round Rock location which can modify rates noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims drive up Ford Fusion annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Round Rock, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Round Rock is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Some companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above are:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Round Rock. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Round Rock, click here to view.
Local Round Rock car insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Round Rock.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Round Rock that can give you rate quotes.
- Jerry Gentry Insurance Agency
1000 Heritage Center Cir – Round Rock, TX 78664 – (512) 759-0400 – View Map
- Hochheim Prairie Insurance Co
16333 Great Oaks Dr – Round Rock, TX 78681 – (512) 388-0996 – View Map
- Central Texas Insurance – A Mark Lyne Agency
1970 Rawhide Dr – Round Rock, TX 78681 – (512) 432-5414 – View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Round Rock who can help you get comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
11101 Burnet Rd Suite #A170 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 993-3980 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Marcos Esparza
301 Hesters Crossing Rd #208 – Round Rock, TX 78681 – (512) 341-7719 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mitchell Jameson
2003 N Mays St #102 – Round Rock, TX 78664 – (512) 828-3011 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Round Rock will have answers to these questions.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your vehicle.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, funeral costs, surgery and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider can be pretty painless.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you many ideas to save on insurance in Round Rock. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)