Are you tired of overpaying and want low-cost Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Austin? Searching for cheaper Austin Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance quotes on the internet can be rather difficult for beginners to comparing prices on the web. With such a large number of companies, how can Austin drivers be able to compare the different rates to find lower car insurance premiums?
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Austin could save themselves about 70% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Where can I get affordable Austin Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance?
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Not every company does online Austin Highlander Hybrid insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can lower Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Austin Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their insurance company to track driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could earn substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Austin auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, good student, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, military active duty, membership and employees, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in your state.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Austin car insurance agents?
Some people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Austin?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you’re trying to find a local Austin insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- David Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-8825 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Austin that are able to give rate quotes.
- AmeriFirst Insurance Agency, LLC
8300 N Mopac Expy #105 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 524-8808 – View Map
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 451-6551 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
If you feel you receive good responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage.
Lower Your Austin Insurance Rates
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Buying a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The more you drive your Toyota in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating states the right rating data. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Highlander Hybrid may be costing you.
- Being married can lower costs – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability is critical – Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Save money by eliminating extra coverages – Policies have extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying car insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Insurance loss data for a Toyota Highlander Hybrid – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the loss history for Toyota Highlander Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Highlander Hybrid in Austin, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Highlander Hybrid has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Toyota and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Highlander Hybrid outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
Cheap auto insurance rates are out there
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Austin is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Austin, so get free Austin auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Austin? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)