Searching for better insurance prices for an Audi S8 in Texas can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Audi and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Austin agents.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best rate on Audi S8 insurance in Austin last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to find better coverage on Audi S8 insurance in Austin at a better price.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. The process is possible for anyone because you just enter your coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, their system sends out for your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a lower rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Audi S8 insurance in Austin?
Insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Telematics Devices – Austin drivers who agree to allow companies to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Austin auto insurance quotes online.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, and passive restraint.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good student, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, air bags, and accident-free.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and education and occupation.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, five-year accident-free, driver training, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, accident-free, multi-car, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, pay in full, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, multi-car, and switch companies.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Austin. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Austin, click here to view.
Quote Audi S8 Insurance More Affordably
It’s important that you understand the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
The items below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
More performance means higher rates – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Audi S8 falls in the luxury sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost more than the average rate where you live in Austin.
You might want pay the inexpensive policy claims yourself – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Texas award cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most major insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Gender impacts prices – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time.
Younger drivers pay higher prices – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Drivers with little experience have been known to be easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
Protect yourself with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Low stress vocation equals lower premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, social workers and dentists generally have higher premium rates because of intense work situations and long work hours. Other careers such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Insurance losses for an Audi S8 – Companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi S8 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Audi S8 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S8 4dr 4WD||288||266|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may want advice from an agent
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Austin.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Austin who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to find a local Austin insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Austin are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they can write business with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Austin that may be able to give price quote information.
- Stuart Butts Agency Nationwide – Lezam insurance
700 Rio Grande St c – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 837-5000 – View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency
343 S Congress Ave – Austin, TX 78704 – (512) 444-3279 – View Map
- Greater Texas Insurance
9809 Anderson Mill Rd – Austin, TX 78750 – (512) 250-5055 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
- Stuart Nalewaik – State Farm Insurance Agent
1717 W 6th St #214 – Austin, TX 78703 – (512) 382-6019 – View Map
- Carmina Eaton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4201 W Parmer Ln b170 – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 244-6641 – View Map
- Bennie Council – State Farm Insurance Agent
6448 US-290 f110 – Austin, TX 78723 – (512) 454-4524 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long has their agency been in business in Austin?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you have the power to cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to the car insurance policy for any length of time.
Affordable car insurance is out there
Low-cost Audi S8 insurance in Austin can be bought both online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Audi S8 insurance in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Acadia in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Austin? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)