Looking for lower-priced Audi TTS insurance in Austin? Finding low-cost insurance for an Audi TTS in Texas can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the best way to compare rates for a Audi and obtain the cheapest rates from Austin insurance agents and online providers.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Finding and buying the lowest cost policy in Austin is easy to do. Drivers just need to use the most time-saving way to quote multiple rates online.
Ways to get Audi TTS insurance quotes in Austin
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Audi TTS insurance in Austin
Some companies do not list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Austin car insurance online.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Austin car insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers can get better insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Austin and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in Texas, click here.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Austin should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has the business existed?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Austin?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
If you want local Austin agents, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Austin willing to provide price quotes.
- Greg Pearson - State Farm Insurance Agent
8705 Shoal Creek Blvd #102 - Austin, TX 78757 - (512) 451-0188 - View Map
- Karen Easterling - State Farm Insurance Agent
2711 W Anderson Ln #201 - Austin, TX 78757 - (512) 454-4784 - View Map
- Stuart Nalewaik - State Farm Insurance Agent
1717 W 6th St #214 - Austin, TX 78703 - (512) 382-6019 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Austin that are able to give price quotes.
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd - Austin, TX 78752 - (512) 451-6551 - View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency
343 S Congress Ave - Austin, TX 78704 - (512) 444-3279 - View Map
- Stuart Butts Agency Nationwide - Lezam insurance
700 Rio Grande St c - Austin, TX 78701 - (512) 837-5000 - View Map
Auto insurance can be complex
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
It's important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings. Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
Guys tend to take more risk - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Policy add-ons add up - There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Lower performance equals lower insurance costs - The make and model of the car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Audi TTS falls in the luxury sports car class, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much as compared to the average rate in Austin.
Combine home and auto and save - The majority of insurers allow a discount to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
Higher rates for auto insurance lapses - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
Having a spouse can save on auto insurance - Having a spouse may save some money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Audi TTS claim statistics - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the loss history for Audi TTS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Audi TTS Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi TTS 2dr 4WD||141|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi TTS in Austin, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi TTS, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
Cheaper auto insurance in Austin is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Austin car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Austin? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)