Do you need a better way to compare more competitive Chevy Cruze insurance in Austin? Scraping up a payment for pricey Chevrolet Cruze insurance in Austin can dry up your accounts and force you to make tough financial choices.
Regrettably, most Texas insurance customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices before your policy renews since rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Chevy Cruze insurance in Austin a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy Cruze insurance in Austin.
Best companies for Chevy Cruze insurance
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The following are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive - The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Save money by having high credit - Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings.
Remove unneeded add-on coverages - Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
Too many insurance claims drive up insurance rates - Car insurance companies in Texas provide cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Does your vocation cost you more? - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and dentists have higher rates than average in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs like scientists, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
Where you reside is a factor - Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Cruze - Companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Chevrolet Cruze insurance rates in Austin.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Telematics Discount - Austin drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to look at vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premium.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, drive less, and accident prevention training.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, bundled insurance, good driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, federal employee, seat belt use, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. To locate insurance companies that offer discounts in Austin, click this link.
Insurance agencies can help
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Austin.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it's a good idea to get quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below are independent agents in Austin who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 343-1106 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Austin exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Austin?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Smart consumers save more
Cost effective Chevy Cruze insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Austin insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy Cruze insurance rates in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Austin Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)