Would you prefer to buy more affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Austin? Tired of scraping nickels together to pay car insurance each month? Your situation is no different than most other drivers in Texas.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in Texas could cut their rates by approximately 70% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates online.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You need to compare rates at least once a year because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Austin at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Silverado 2500HD insurance on the web, but you can learn some of the best techniques to find affordable car insurance in Austin.
If you currently have car insurance, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Austin is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although Texas car owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Just keep in mind that quoting more increases your odds of finding a better price.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$360||$414||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$288||$614||$496||$30||$148||$1,576||$131|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$258||$532||$486||$28||$146||$1,450||$121|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$354||$828||$486||$28||$146||$1,842||$154|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$228||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,236||$103|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$288||$572||$366||$22||$110||$1,358||$113|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$232||$510||$404||$24||$122||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can influence Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance deductibles
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Check for these discounts on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Austin
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Claim Discounts – Austin drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you want affordable Austin auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Austin, click here.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Older drivers pay less – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
- Driving citations will cost you – Drivers with clean records get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Only having one chargeable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten careless violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – Liability insurance will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Alarm systems systems cut insurance rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Never let your policy expire – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Do you have a demanding occupation? – Careers like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest rates due to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, careers such as farmers, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Too many insurance claims will drive rates up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Texas provide most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Austin auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Where are claims handled?
When researching local Austin agents, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Austin is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting Austin auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Austin? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)