Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in Austin? Locating low-cost insurance for a Dodge Dakota in Texas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used Dodge and get the cheapest rates.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons every six months because auto insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best rate on Dodge Dakota insurance in Austin two years ago you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about Dakota insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to save money.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Dakota insurance in Austin is to know the fact car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as if it has an alarm system, your general credit rating, your education level, and what your job is. That rating data is instantly provided to multiple companies and you get price estimates instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Austin.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$202||$392||$486||$28||$146||$1,254||$105|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$136||$322||$538||$32||$162||$1,190||$99|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$156||$306||$538||$32||$162||$1,194||$100|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$504||$458||$28||$136||$1,382||$115|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$186||$400||$458||$28||$136||$1,208||$101|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$452||$642||$38||$192||$1,526||$127|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$410||$858||$642||$38||$192||$2,140||$178|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$158||$260||$358||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$356||$670||$496||$30||$148||$1,700||$142|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,088||$91|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$356||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,690||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Austin which can revise coverage prices significantly.
Premiums by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Dakota insurance in Austin?
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Austin may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Austin car insurance quote as opposed to bad drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Dodge Dakota insurance.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for homeowners, driver training, defensive driver, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To locate auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Austin, follow this link.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Austin, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Dakota has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare prices but still have a local Austin insurance agency
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Austin?
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures from which to choose. Austin agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Austin willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Charlie Anderson
12710 Research Blvd #210 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 258-2231 – View Map
- Bridgette Hearne – State Farm Insurance Agent
3407 W Slaughter Ln b – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 441-3704 – View Map
- Brandy Whiteside – State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 892-5542 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
The following are independent agencies in Austin willing to provide rate quotes.
- Austin Insurance Group
9705 Burnet Rd #314 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 339-2901 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
Upon receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can service your policy. But remember, you can cancel coverage any time you want so don’t think that you’re stuck with any particular company with no way to switch.