When searching for lower-cost insurance, do you get confused by the dozens of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? You have so many providers available that it can be more work than you anticipated to find a cheaper company. If you live there, you know that Austin is a great city to live in, but pricey auto insurance makes it difficult to pay other bills every month.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Texas could save themselves approximately 70% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Austin is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nearly every car owner who is required by state law to have car insurance will be able to save money. Although Texas vehicle owners must know how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
How to buy Austin Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance online
It’s important to know that quoting more helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Austin
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- College Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Austin and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find low cost Austin car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Austin.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford C-Max Hybrid in Austin, buying car insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
What if I want to buy from local Austin insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Austin who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long have they been in business?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are Austin exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Tony Reyes – State Farm Insurance Agent
9811 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #120 – Austin, TX 78744 – (512) 851-2539 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fleming and Conway Agency
3435 Greystone Dr Ste 107 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 345-0005 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard Harper
1807 W Slaughter Ln Ste 400 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 292-7410 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you need to include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Austin who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Greater Austin Insurance Inc
11824 Jollyville Rd # 202 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 250-1777 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-0280 – View Map