Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Jeep Liberty insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Jeep and locate the lowest possible price.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves as much as $860 a year, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. This article’s goal is to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. You just need to use the most efficient way to compare price quotes on the web.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Austin can help you save on car insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Austin auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving patterns by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Some companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Austin, click here to view.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$292||$408||$500||$30||$150||$1,380||$115|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$256||$414||$366||$22||$110||$1,168||$97|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$156||$252||$400||$24||$120||$952||$79|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$156||$252||$400||$24||$120||$952||$79|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$230||$452||$496||$30||$148||$1,356||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below examines Jeep Liberty insurance costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Liberty settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Jeep Liberty Insurance Premiums Can Be Lower
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Traffic violations mean higher costs – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. People who have license-revoking citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Does your job raise your rates? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like military generals, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally have higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages – Car insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- How credit rating affects insurance costs – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Jeep Liberty by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings.
- Single drivers may pay higher costs – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is glass protection for?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Austin.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Austin that can give you free Austin auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Featured below are Austin independent agencies that may be able to give rate quotes.
- EZ Insurance Agency
343 S Congress Ave – Austin, TX 78704 – (512) 444-3279 – View Map
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 451-6551 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
- Carmina Eaton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4201 W Parmer Ln b170 – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 244-6641 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long has their agency been open in Austin?
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Liberty insurance, paying for insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Jeep Liberty and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced Jeep Liberty insurance in Austin is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Austin agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented many ideas to lower your Jeep Liberty insurance prices in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Austin auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Austin? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)