Are you tired of scraping nickels together to insure your Kia every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other vehicle owners.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. The average driver in the U.S. could save themselves almost 47% a year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company. Vehicle owners have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find a good deal for Kia Stinger insurance in Austin.
Finding quotes for affordable coverage in Austin is not as hard as you may think. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Shoppers only need to know the best way to get comparison rates online.
Cheap Austin Kia Stinger insurance price quotes online
The following companies offer quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Stinger in Austin, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your Kia Stinger and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Austin with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Stinger insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Kia may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view companies who offer insurance discounts in Austin, follow this link.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Austin.
After filling out this short form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Austin that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Austin
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a list of independent agents in Austin that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Austin who can help you get price quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage when you choose so never assume that you’re stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Smart consumers save more
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare Kia Stinger insurance prices in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Austin auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information can be read below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)