Do you want to stop overpaying and find more affordable car insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin consumers have options when looking for low-cost Pontiac Grand Prix insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages for a Pontiac and get the cheapest rates either online or from Austin insurance agents.
Most major insurance companies give prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Austin is very simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a better rate.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Austin car insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, good student, defensive driver, good driver, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, and save driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, annual mileage, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new move discount, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, good student, new graduate, and newly married.
When getting free Austin car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Grand Prix
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Austin, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Grand Prix, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Austin.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Austin who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Austin can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can do a good job, but we need to point out why they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Austin that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Watkins Insurance Group
3834 Spicewood Springs Rd – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 452-8877 – View Map
- Lezam Insurance
4301 W. William Cannon Dr., Ste. B-120 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 263-4333 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Austin exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Richard Munoz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5446 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #104 – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 892-3527 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cheri Roman
8103 Brodie Ln Ste 7 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 282-9999 – View Map
- Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. A good agent in Austin will have answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Austin?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions and low cost Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.