Pricey Pontiac GTO insurance in Austin can draw down your accounts and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Performing a rate comparison is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around. Popular companies such as State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s important to shop coverage around at least once a year because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Austin two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting online rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Austin is quite simple as you just type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once entered, their system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Austin helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on insurance.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Austin may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
Double check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Austin insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
Auto insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my Pontiac GTO covered for flood damage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Get Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Pontiac GTO is a sport coupe, insurance will be much more compared to average rates in Austin.
Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
More people means more accidents – Having an address in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Claims cost money – Companies in Texas generally give better rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Three reasons to insure your Pontiac GTO
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pontiac GTO, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Pontiac but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart shoppers get results
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Low-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Austin can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Austin auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)