Do you need a fast way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Porsche Boxster insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates on a Porsche and locate the lowest possible price from Austin insurance agents and online providers.
Do you qualify for discounts on Porsche Boxster insurance in Austin?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Austin auto insurance with certain companies.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Austin auto insurance quote.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see companies with discount rates in Texas, click here to view.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates online. Doing online quotes for Porsche Boxster insurance in Austin is fairly simple as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the system obtains your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Using the web to get rates for Porsche Boxster insurance in Austin simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this if you are searching for cheaper car insurance pricing.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$360||$660||$330||$20||$98||$1,468||$122|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$632||$304||$18||$92||$1,360||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify price quotes significantly.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The illustration below shows the comparison of Porsche Boxster premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Porsche Boxster Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better insurance rates.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the car or truck you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Because the Porsche Boxster falls in the luxury sports car class, rates will be up to twice as much than the average rate where you live in Austin.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. If your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Porsche Boxster if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit.
- Protect yourself with liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Boxster may be wasting your money.
- Porsche Boxster claim statistics – Companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Porsche Boxster vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche Boxster Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Boxster Convertible 135 47 121 31
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance can be complex
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Austin?
- Does my Porsche Boxster need full coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Porsche Boxster?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Austin?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Austin for you
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Austin who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cheri Roman
8103 Brodie Ln Ste 7 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 282-9999 – View Map
- Carmina Eaton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4201 W Parmer Ln b170 – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 244-6641 – View Map
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Danback Insurance Agency
8312 Burnet Rd #115 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4567 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
- Starr Insurance Agency
8801 Research Blvd #104 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 586-2000 – View Map
Choosing Porsche vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Porsche Boxster in Austin, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Porsche for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Porsche and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Boxster definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Cost effective Porsche Boxster insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Austin agents, so you need to shop Austin auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Porsche Boxster insurance rates in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Austin auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. Regional companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)