Want to learn how to save money and find low-cost auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Saturn Sky insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Saturn and get the cheapest rates from Austin insurance agents and online providers.
Low-cost car insurance in Austin, TX
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Saturn Sky insurance in Austin
Some companies do not advertise every discount very well, so we researched a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize driving manner remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut your policy premiums.
Companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, driver training, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, safe driver, and drive less.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good student, and good driver.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, air bags, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state.
What if I want to buy from local Austin car insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Austin.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Austin that can give you free Austin auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two types of Austin auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Austin agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Austin who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Watkins Insurance Group
3834 Spicewood Springs Rd – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 452-8877 – View Map
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
- TY Lawrence Insurance Agency
2802 Flintrock Trace b101 – Austin, TX 78738 – (512) 732-2353 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- Stuart Nalewaik – State Farm Insurance Agent
1717 W 6th St #214 – Austin, TX 78703 – (512) 382-6019 – View Map
- Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Saturn Sky insurance prices in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Austin Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Austin? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)