Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Volvo C70 insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Volvo and find the lowest possible price from Austin insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Volvo C70 insurance in Austin on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. We hope to tell you how to get online quotes. Shoppers just have to learn the most efficient way to shop for car insurance from many companies at once.
Getting cheap Volvo C70 insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to take the time comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$378||$584||$330||$20||$98||$1,410||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify insurance rates substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Austin
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims influence Volvo C70 insurance prices for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below shows the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance premiums with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo C70 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get cheaper Volvo C70 insurance rates in Austin
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Austin auto insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on C70 insurance in Austin.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Austin auto insurance on their website.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, homeowners, driver training, air bags, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, paid-in-full, good student, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Austin. For a list of companies with the best Volvo C70 insurance discounts in Austin, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Austin.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Austin for you
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to contact at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Austin that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- All Texas Insurance
6700 Middle Fiskville Rd # 303 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 459-7979 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin willing to provide rate quotes.
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- Greg Pearson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8705 Shoal Creek Blvd #102 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 451-0188 – View Map
- Herman Askew – State Farm Insurance Agent
13201 Pond Springs Rd #105 – Austin, TX 78729 – (512) 250-5533 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in Austin should know the answers to these questions.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as cheap C70 insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Volvo C70 Insurance Premiums?
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Vocation can influence prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts tend to pay the highest rates due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Volvo C70 is considered a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower than the average rate where you live in Austin.
- With age comes lower rates – Beginning drivers in Texas have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Gender and car insurance – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your C70, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
In this article, we presented many ways to compare Volvo C70 insurance auto insurance rates in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small mutual company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)