How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance in Austin? Wish you could get a refund on an overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re in good company because many Austin drivers feel the same as you.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Texas can save nearly 70% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Since you have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the cheapest auto insurance provider.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because auto insurance rates change frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Austin a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Many insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive give insurance quotes directly from their websites. The process is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, the quote system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Chrysler Aspen insurance in Austin helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Don’t neglect these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before being credited.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Telematics Devices – Austin drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Austin auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Austin Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- USAA may offer discounts for family discount, good student, vehicle storage, military installation, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, early bird, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance offers discounts for paid-in-full, claim free, homeowner, Switch & Save, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including early shopping, distant student, mature driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, and good driver.
Check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Austin. To see insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Four factors that affect insurance prices
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Lots of car insurance companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other Austin Aspen insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Policy add-ons add up – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Single vs. married – Having a significant other actually saves money on car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Age of drivers – Teenage drivers in Texas have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
Compare rates but buy from a local Austin insurance agent
Many people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Austin, get answers to these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Types of car insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Austin are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Austin exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Austin willing to provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-1106 – View Map
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a Chrysler Aspen?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance savings promises
Well-known car insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies state the claim about saving some big amount if you just switch your policy. That’s great but how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the trick they use.
All companies give the cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them the most money. A good example of a profitable risk profile could be a married male, has a low-risk occupation, and has a short commute. Someone who fits that profile will get a cheap rate quote in Austin and will most likely save if they switch.
Drivers who cannot meet the requirements will be quoted more expensive rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to get Austin auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s just not possible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Chrysler Aspen insurance in Austin.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Chrysler Aspen insurance prices online in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-conscious Chrysler Aspen insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Austin, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
More information is available at the links below