Locating lower-cost Austin Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes can be impossible for vehicle owners new to comparing rates over the internet. With so many agents and insurers to choose from, how can vehicle owners have a chance to compare them all to find the lowest rates?
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Texas could save almost $1,800 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
It’s a good idea to compare rates at least once a year since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Austin a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about SLS AMG insurance online, but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to find affordable auto insurance in Austin.
Lower-cost Austin insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Austin and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on the internet.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Austin auto insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, good student, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-car, safety features, and newly married.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, good student, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
If you want cheaper Austin auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Austin. To locate insurers with significant discounts in Texas, follow this link.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Austin is to realize most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like the year, make and model of vehicles, whether you drive to work or school, if you are currently licensed, and your occupation. That information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Austin who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Austin?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Austin can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
- J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cheri Roman
8103 Brodie Ln Ste 7 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 282-9999 – View Map
- Nancy Callahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Jefferson St #313 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 451-7573 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to check rates from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Austin that are able to give price quote information.
- EZ Insurance Agency
343 S Congress Ave – Austin, TX 78704 – (512) 444-3279 – View Map
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
- Greater Austin Insurance Inc
11824 Jollyville Rd # 202 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 250-1777 – View Map
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
As you quote Austin auto insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable auto insurance in Austin is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)