Comparison shopping for cheaper Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Austin can be kind of frustrating for beginners to comparison shopping online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers in Texas kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America could save themselves about 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage before your policy renews because insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Austin a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from different companies. By far the easiest way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It’s important to know that quoting more provides better odds of finding a better price.
The following companies offer quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Austin
Some companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Austin auto insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety class can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- College Student – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, driver training, good student, membership and employees, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, anti-lock brakes, air bags, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, good student, and driver training.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, defensive driver, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and air bag.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Austin, click here.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How are they compensated?
If you need to find a good Austin insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin who can help you get price quotes.
- David Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-8825 – View Map
- Carmina Eaton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4201 W Parmer Ln b170 – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 244-6641 – View Map
- Bennie Council – State Farm Insurance Agent
6448 US-290 f110 – Austin, TX 78723 – (512) 454-4524 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
- All Texas Insurance
6700 Middle Fiskville Rd # 303 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 459-7979 – View Map
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 451-6551 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
Lower Your Austin Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates.
Listed below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Higher rates for high stress jobs – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as doctors, police officers, and accountants have higher premium rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – The more you drive your Volkswagen annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Rabbit can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Liability is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Volkswagen from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- High credit scores save money – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Rabbit if you clean up your credit.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Austin, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Rabbit, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Austin is definitely available both online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Austin Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Austin? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)