Did a good deal turn out to be overpriced BMW 325i insurance in Austin? It's a common feeling and there are lots of Austin residents who feel the same.
It's shocking but nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Texas could save themselves nearly $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop around. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's smart to do rate comparisons every six months because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on BMW 325i insurance in Austin a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out one of the best ways to find better coverage on BMW 325i insurance in Austin at a better price.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get pricing directly from their websites. Comparing BMW 325i insurance rates online is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage information into the form. After you submit the form their system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. The ability to get online price quotes for BMW 325i insurance in Austin makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for cheap rates.
In order to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a BMW 325i in Austin, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 325i has a lien holder, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your BMW at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Austin insurance discounts for a BMW 325i
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Austin and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy premium.
A few companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Can't I compare rates from local Austin auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in Austin.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you want to buy insurance from a good Austin insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Austin are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Austin that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin that are able to give rate quotes.
Jane McQuiggin-Hutson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln - Austin, TX 78727 - (512) 973-8501 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Austin?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Austin?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-conscious BMW 325i insurance is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)