Are you doing reasearch to find low-cost BMW 535i insurance in Austin? Overpriced auto insurance in Austin can draw down your funds and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a rate comparison is a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in Austin could save themselves approximately 70% a year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes. Many insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the best coverage at the best rate on BMW 535i insurance in Austin.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons at least once a year because insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rate on BMW 535i insurance in Austin at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There are a lot of ways to save on 535i insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to find cheap auto insurance in Austin.
Low-cost auto insurance in Austin, TX
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|535I 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$614||$382||$22||$114||$1,464||$122|
|535I xDrive Station Wagon||$350||$746||$400||$24||$120||$1,640||$137|
|535I GT 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$478||$382||$22||$114||$1,248||$104|
|535I xDrive 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$694||$496||$30||$148||$1,716||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can change coverage prices substantially.
Annual premiums for males versus females in Austin
The information below visualizes the comparison of BMW 535i insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
- High credit scores save money – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your BMW 535i by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Alarm systems save money – Buying a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your 535i may be wasting your money. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most auto insurance companies allow better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Incidental coverages can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your BMW 535i has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Cheap Austin auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Austin car insurance quote.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, student away at school, good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for preferred payment discount, good student, newly retired, new graduate, newly married, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good driver, good student, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, distant student, multi-car, youthful driver, teen driver, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paperless, mature driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, group or association, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in Austin. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here to view.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Austin who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Austin can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can handle insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on the selection process.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive agents in Austin who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Austin independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Insurance buyers beware
Texas drivers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to try to convey promises that you’ll save big just by moving to them.
How does every company claim to save you money? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a desirable insured might be over age 30, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. Any person who matches those parameters will get the preferred premium rates in Austin and will most likely save a lot on Austin BMW 535i insurance if they switch.
Drivers who don’t qualify for those standards may receive a higher premium with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This really drives home the point why it is so important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will have better car insurance rates than you’re paying now.
Will just any policy work for me?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does my BMW 535i need full coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Cheaper car insurance prices are available
Budget-friendly car insurance in Austin is definitely available online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce BMW 535i insurance premium rates online in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)