Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced insurance can take a big chunk out of your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Price shopping at each renewal is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make ends meet.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Austin insurance shoppers could save an average of roughly 70% each year, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy. You have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Buick Regal insurance in Austin.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts should help reduce your premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, good driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, emergency military deployment, military active duty, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may include discounts for homeowners, driver training, 55 and older, defensive driver, early bird, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
Check with every company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Austin. To see car insurance companies who offer online Buick Regal insurance quotes in Austin, follow this link.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Buick Regal insurance in Austin is to understand auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide details such as how you use your vehicles, driver ages, level of coverage desired, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Those rating factors is then sent to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Austin.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Austin are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Austin exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Austin willing to provide price quotes.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Buick Regal insurance in Austin can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Austin? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)