Do you think you bought an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
It’s hard to fathom, but most car insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Austin could save 70% every year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Because there are so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Cadillac XLR in Austin, it’s difficult to choose the most cost effective insurer.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates on Cadillac XLR insurance in Austin a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
This article’s intent is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you have a current insurance policy, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using this information. But Texas drivers should learn the way companies compete online because rates are impacted by many factors.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does online Austin XLR insurance quotes, so you should also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Cheap Cadillac XLR insurance quotes in Austin
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Telematics Devices – Austin drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Austin auto insurance over the internet.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on XLR insurance in Austin.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new XLR can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, follow this link.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Cadillac in Austin, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cadillac, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Cadillac for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your XLR outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Which is the best insurance?
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Austin.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Austin agents are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent agents in Austin that can give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below are Austin exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Austin?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?