Are you burned out from sacrificing to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other Texas drivers.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Austin drivers could save as much as 70% each year, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Chevy Spark insurance in Austin.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews because car insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Chevy Spark insurance in Austin last year there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There are a lot of ways to save on Spark insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to save money.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Austin is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Vehicle owners just have to know the best way to quote multiple rates online.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Spark in Austin, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Chevy Spark, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Drivers who switch save $426 a year? Really?
Consumers in Texas can’t get away from ads that claim the best prices from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies advertise claims that people will save if you just switch your policy.
How can each company charge lower premium rates?
Most companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. An example of this type of driver might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. Any customer who matches that profile gets the lowest car insurance rates as well as save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to those standards may be forced to pay a higher premium with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully make those claims. Because of this risk profiling, you really need to quote coverage with many companies. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Austin car insurance quote when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, multiple vehicles, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for renters, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Chevrolet Spark rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in Austin.
Can’t I compare rates from local Austin insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you can get the best rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Austin?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you want a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Austin agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get comparison quotes.
Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Austin that can give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-1106 – View Map
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance. Keep in mind you are able to cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company for the full term.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If my Chevy Spark is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Shop smart and save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount Chevy Spark insurance in Austin can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
We’ve covered many ways to find lower-cost Chevy Spark insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Austin car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Austin? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)