Do you want to stop overpaying and find more competitive Dodge Avenger insurance in Austin? Confused by the dozens of auto insurance providers available to you? Drivers have so many providers available that it can really be a real difficult job to find the lowest price for Dodge Avenger insurance in Austin. Austin is a great place to live, but the high cost of auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to afford proper coverage amounts.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers could save nearly $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Shopping around for affordable protection in Austin is not as hard as you may think. But Texas consumers must know the way companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Austin Dodge Avenger insurance rate quotes
It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide Austin Avenger insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price estimates from them, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Austin location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Dodge Avenger yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below examines Dodge Avenger auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set guideline to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Avenger claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How do Insurers Determine Dodge Avenger Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Traffic violations mean higher premiums – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Just one moving violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who have received careless citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. Since the Dodge Avenger is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Austin. Economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Keep the miles off and save – The higher the miles on your Dodge in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Avenger is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
Cheaper Austin car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Claim Free – Austin drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get reduced rates.
- Austin Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, daytime running lights, driver training, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Esurance has savings for defensive driver, good driver, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, safety device, and claim free.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, and bundle.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply in Austin. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click here.
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Austin who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Austin?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Austin for you
When finding a local insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Austin who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Karen Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
7004 Bee Cave Rd #3 – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 327-6200 – View Map
- State Farm: Charlie Anderson
12710 Research Blvd #210 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 258-2231 – View Map
- Larry Evins – State Farm Insurance Agent
4534 West Gate Blvd #202 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 327-0303 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Austin independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-0280 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
- AUSTIN AREA INSURANCE AGENCY
8711 Burnet Rd – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 253-8726 – View Map
Once you have good answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy for any reason so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the full policy term.
Compare but don’t skimp
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your Dodge Avenger insurance rates in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Dodge Avenger insurance in Austin is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Austin, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
More information can be found below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)