Want to know an easy way to compare the cheapest Honda Fit insurance in Austin? If you are new to getting Austin car insurance quotes online, you can be baffled due to the large number insurance agents and companies competing for your business.
Astonishing but true, most drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Austin could save 70% every year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Honda Fit insurance in Austin a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Most larger insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get price estimates from their websites. Comparing prices online for Honda Fit insurance in Austin is quite simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system will order your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Getting online rates for Honda Fit insurance in Austin makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to do this if you want to find affordable prices.
To quickly compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you are getting rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$182||$368||$252||$14||$76||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can alter premium rates significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can raise Honda Fit insurance premiums for each different age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Affordable Austin auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Honda Fit insurance in Austin.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, good student, good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to view companies who offer free Honda Fit insurance quotes in Austin, click here to view.
The Honda Fit Insurance Price Equation
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Premiums also based on gender – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse raises rates – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
High physical damage deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Where you call home – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when talking about auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The make and model of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Honda Fit is considered a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Austin.
Honda Fit claim probability – Insurers use claims history when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will have increased rates. The table below shows the loss history for Honda Fit vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Honda Fit Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are insurance agencies of importance?
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Austin who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Austin?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Fleming and Conway Agency
3435 Greystone Dr Ste 107 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 345-0005 – View Map
- Bob Jennings – State Farm Insurance Agent
4405 Pack Saddle Pass – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-9671 – View Map
- State Farm: Charlie Anderson
12710 Research Blvd #210 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 258-2231 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 451-6551 – View Map
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 730-1424 – View Map
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is actually quite simple.
When searching for cheaper Austin car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. More affordable insurance in Austin is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)