How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest Nissan cube insurance in Austin? Purchasing the lowest price Austin Nissan cube insurance quotes over the internet can seem to be challenging for consumers new to comparing rates and buying auto insurance on the web. When there are so many online companies available, how can you efficiently compare every company in order to find the cheapest price possible?
Amazingly, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Austin consumers could save $1,800 every year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding the best price. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$326||$502||$514||$30||$154||$1,526||$127|
|Cube SL 2WD||$176||$306||$388||$24||$116||$1,010||$84|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$326||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,626||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in Austin location which can change coverage rates significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Nissan cube premium costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Austin auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents influence Nissan cube insurance prices for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan cube insurance, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Nissan cube, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Nissan cube and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your cube more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Ads can be misleading
Well-known car insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies make the point about savings if you change to their company. How does every car insurance company give you a lower rate on Nissan cube insurance in Austin? It’s all in the numbers.
Most companies have underwriting criteria for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable risk might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and does not commute to work. A propective insured that meets those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Austin and as a result will probably save some money.
Potential insureds who do not fit those criteria will probably have to pay higher premiums with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. This is how companies can state the savings.
Because every company is different, you really should get Austin auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Nissan cube insurance in Austin.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total cube insurance premium.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Online Discount – Certain companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the premium cost.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, air bags, driver training, membership and employees, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-car, home ownership, new car, multi-policy, payment discounts, driver training, and continuous insurance.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, multi-policy, good student, teen driver discount, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. To find insurers who offer discounts in Austin, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Austin.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Austin who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When finding an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Austin can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Austin who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Dean Davis Insurance Agency
7950 Anderson Square Suite 101 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4511 – View Map
- Southwest Insurance Center
3105 W Slaughter Ln – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 280-6100 – View Map
- Greater Austin Insurance Inc
11824 Jollyville Rd # 202 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 250-1777 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Richard Munoz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5446 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #104 – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 892-3527 – View Map
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- Brandy Whiteside – State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 892-5542 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How are claims handled?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like emergency aid, legal defense fees, court costs and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Nissan cube.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, EMT expenses and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays for damage to your cube from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your cube to save money on collision insurance.
Persistence pays off
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When getting Austin auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare Nissan cube insurance rates in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)