Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Austin? Are you regretting buying an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because there are many Austin consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save roughly 70% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
With consumers having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to find a more affordable insurance company.
It’s smart to quote other rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best premium rates on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Austin six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to get good coverage on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Austin at a lower rate.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from local Austin insurance companies. The fastest way to find the lowest Chevy Silverado 3500HD rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to all the different insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the professional abilities that only an agent can give. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps you find the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The following companies offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$410||$828||$642||$38||$192||$2,110||$176|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$258||$560||$538||$32||$162||$1,550||$129|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$322||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,414||$118|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$414||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,590||$133|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$286||$532||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$378||$542||$500||$30||$150||$1,600||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Austin which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Auto insurance deductibles
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance prices for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Austin Silverado 3500HD insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Silverado 3500HD has a lien holder, most banks will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of insurers apply discounts to people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Chevy Silverado 3500HD rates in Austin to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Do you have a stressful job? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like fire fighters, business owners and stock brokers tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Save money by having good credit – Having a good credit history factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD if you improve your credit rating.
Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, anti-theft, multi-policy, easy pay, and family plan.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and air bags.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and good driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, 55 and older, driver training, air bags, student driver, and early bird.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some credits may not be available in Austin.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does my Chevy Silverado 3500HD need full coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare prices but still have a local Austin insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Austin that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Austin?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Auto insurance agents in Austin come in two varieties
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can select. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These type of agents can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Austin who can help you get price quotes.
Persistence will pay off
There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheap Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Austin is definitely available online and with local Austin insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More information can be found at these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)