Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Dodge Ram in Texas can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Dodge and find the cheapest rates either online or from Austin insurance agents.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Comparing quotes for the cheapest protection in Austin is not that difficult. You just need to know the most effective way to get comparison rates from many companies at once.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are a few of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
You might have higher prices if you are single – Your spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Some insurers give better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Dodge Ram by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores.
Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Guys are more aggressive – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both genders tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
Always have insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car you own makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually for smaller low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Since the Dodge Ram is a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Austin.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Finding more affordable Dodge Ram car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes from online providers.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$282||$502||$486||$28||$146||$1,444||$120|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$160||$266||$414||$24||$124||$988||$82|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$288||$504||$414||$24||$124||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$176||$322||$486||$28||$146||$1,158||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$246||$368||$444||$26||$132||$1,216||$101|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$176||$306||$486||$28||$146||$1,142||$95|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$336||$544||$444||$26||$132||$1,482||$124|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$270||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,254||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$232||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,356||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$370||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,538||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$234||$400||$414||$24||$124||$1,196||$100|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$354||$684||$486||$28||$146||$1,698||$142|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$196||$378||$486||$28||$146||$1,234||$103|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$258||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$178||$312||$414||$24||$124||$1,052||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$208||$338||$444||$26||$132||$1,148||$96|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$354||$718||$486||$28||$146||$1,732||$144|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$322||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,566||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$318||$694||$486||$28||$146||$1,672||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
Dodge Ram liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance prices with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Austin auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims increase Dodge Ram insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Dodge Ram insurance costs by gender and age in Austin
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Texas drivers constantly see and hear ads that claim the lowest rates by State Farm and Allstate. All the companies make the same claim about how much you will save if you move your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It’s all in the wording.
Auto insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the type of customer that earns them the most money. For example, a preferred risk may be over the age of 45, has other policies, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured who fits that profile will most likely get cheap prices and will probably cut their Dodge Ram insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who may not quite match those standards will probably have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great premium rates.
Because of these techniques, you really need to compare many company’s premium rates. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will have the lowest Dodge Ram insurance in Austin.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ram, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Dodge Ram and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Austin with these car insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Austin Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new Ram can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, air bags, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, air bags, theft prevention, homeowners, and 55 and older.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, bundle, defensive driver, and air bag.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Austin. To view companies who offer cheap Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Austin, click here.
Local Austin auto insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Austin.
After completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Austin who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Shown below are Austin car insurance companies that are able to give price quote information for Dodge Ram insurance in Austin.
- TY Lawrence Insurance Agency
2802 Flintrock Trace b101 – Austin, TX 78738 – (512) 732-2353 – View Map
- Stuart Butts Agency Nationwide – Lezam insurance
700 Rio Grande St c – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 837-5000 – View Map
- Nancy Callahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Jefferson St #313 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 451-7573 – View Map
- AUSTIN AREA INSURANCE AGENCY
8711 Burnet Rd – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 253-8726 – View Map
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Austin should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Austin?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Upon getting acceptable answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that is reliable enough to service your policy. Just understand that consumers can cancel your policy at any point so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Austin can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Austin agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)