Want a free price quotes on low-cost Ford Five Hundred insurance in Austin? Saving money on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Austin is always quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to comparing prices online. With so many agents and companies, it can quickly become a difficult situation to find cheaper prices in Texas.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Texas consumers could cut their rates by $1,766 a year, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Comparison shopping for cheaper coverage in Austin is not that difficult. Although Texas drivers must learn how companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
First Step: Get free Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes
When shopping for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Austin there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. The quickest method to find competitive Ford Five Hundred insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find the best price. Some companies don’t provide Austin Five Hundred insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Lower-cost Ford Five Hundred insurance in Austin
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Five Hundred insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you want low cost Austin car insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Austin. To see a list of providers who offer free Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Five Hundred in Austin, paying for insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Austin overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I rate my Ford Five Hundred as pleasure use or commute?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Austin insurance agent
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How often do they review coverages?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Austin?
If you are searching for a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents that you can select. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Austin who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Stuart Nalewaik – State Farm Insurance Agent
1717 W 6th St #214 – Austin, TX 78703 – (512) 382-6019 – View Map
- Karen Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
7004 Bee Cave Rd #3 – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 327-6200 – View Map
- Brandy Whiteside – State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 892-5542 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent agencies in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
- Watkins Insurance Group
3834 Spicewood Springs Rd – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 452-8877 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map