Want to learn how to buy the cheapest Kia Borrego insurance in Austin? Online rate comparisons for inexpensive Kia Borrego insurance in Austin may appear to be difficult at first if you’re new to online auto insurance quotes. But keep reading because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance policyholders in Texas kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in the United States could save approximately 46.5% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Obtaining price quotes for the best car insurance in Austin is not as hard as you think. Although Texas vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Borrego if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of insurance companies give better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Even a single citation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband may save some money compared to being single. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Since the Kia Borrego is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Austin. Small economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
How to lower your Kia Borrego insurance cost in Austin, TX
All major auto insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you to get price estimates direct online. Getting quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Austin is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on the data you entered.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the lowest payment on auto insurance.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ads can be misleading
Companies like State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads in print and on television. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you move your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all claim to save you money?
All companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. For example, a profitable insured could be over the age of 50, carries high limits, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anybody that meets those criteria receives the best auto insurance rates in Austin and as a result will probably save a lot on Austin Kia Borrego insurance if they switch.
Drivers who fall outside those criteria will be quoted higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best rates. This emphasizes why you should compare as many free Austin car insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to guess the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Choosing Borrego insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Borrego, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Score discounts on Austin car insurance
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Austin car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a Austin car insurance quote.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers discounts include driver training, multi-car, continuous insurance, student away at school, early quote, save driver, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, early bird, good driver, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, multi-policy, safety features, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to view companies offering car insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to companies in Austin who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you’re trying to find a local Austin insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Austin who may provide you with price quote information.
- Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amanda Escobar
8700 Manchaca Rd #405 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 280-9700 – View Map
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Austin willing to provide price quote information.
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 451-6551 – View Map
- Southwest Insurance Center
3105 W Slaughter Ln – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 280-6100 – View Map
- Stanley Insurance Agency
512 W Stassney Ln #113 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 445-5555 – View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
You just learned many ways to get a better price on Kia Borrego insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)