Wish you could get a refund on an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many Austin consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in America could save as much as $860 every year, but they won’t spend time to compare rates.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the lowest price on Mazda Tribute insurance in Austin.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Mazda Tribute insurance in Austin six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$156||$358||$392||$24||$118||$1,048||$87|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$158||$312||$324||$20||$96||$910||$76|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$232||$492||$438||$26||$130||$1,318||$110|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$156||$306||$366||$22||$110||$960||$80|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$226||$412||$304||$18||$92||$1,052||$88|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$374||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,650||$138|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$206||$486||$366||$22||$110||$1,190||$99|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$374||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,650||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can affect coverage rates noticeably.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mazda Tribute yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Tribute, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Mazda and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Mazda gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower-cost Austin insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Telematics Discount – Austin drivers who agree to allow their company to track driving manner by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from Austin attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
If you want affordable Mazda Tribute insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Austin.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Austin that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a good Austin insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Austin who can help you get free rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Austin exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Specific coverages for a Mazda Tribute
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Tribute caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Tribute in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical expenses, medical services and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mazda Tribute.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for dental work, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Affordable coverage is out there
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Mazda Tribute insurance in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Austin car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheap Mazda Tribute insurance in Austin is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Austin agents, so you need to shop Austin car insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in these articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Austin? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)