Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Toyota every month? Your situation is no different than many other Texas consumers.
Amazingly, a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. U.S. consumers can save as much as $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around. Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates as often as possible since rates change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Austin a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. You can find a lot of information about Camry Hybrid insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to find cheap insurance in Austin.
Cheapest companies for Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can revise prices noticeably.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Camry Hybrid auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Affordable Austin car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To view insurers with significant discounts in Austin, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Local Austin insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Austin that provide free Austin car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Austin?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a local Austin insurance agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Austin willing to provide rate quotes.
Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Austin independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
Cover all your bases
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance rates in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Austin car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Austin car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
The cheapest Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Austin is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Austin car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)