Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Austin? Searching for the lowest price Austin Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance quotes may be somewhat intimidating for vehicle owners that are relatively new to comparing rates and buying insurance over the internet. With such a large number of agents and online companies available, how can anyone possibly compare them all to find better rates?
Unbelievably, the vast majority of Texas insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by almost 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper insurance rates.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost price quotes in Texas
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$318||$476||$400||$24||$120||$1,338||$112|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$470||$486||$500||$30||$150||$1,636||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Austin auto insurance online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Austin auto insurance quote.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, daytime running lights, seat belt use, federal employee, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including home ownership, driver training, good student, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, and continuous insurance.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Toyota FJ Cruiser Insurance Rates?
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
- Do thieves like your car? – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart vehicle theft.
- Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Teenage drivers pay higher premiums – Teen drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be easily distracted behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver to your policy can really hurt. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Vocation reflects on rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations like judges, social workers and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates in part from intense work situations and long work days. Conversely, professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Don’t I need to contact an insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How many companies do they write for?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Austin for you
If you are searching for a local Austin insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are Austin exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- Dick Cohalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
10711 Burnet Rd #102 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-4210 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Austin that can give you comparison quotes.
- E-Z Insurance – South
4011 S 1st St – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9700 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
- Lezam Insurance
4301 W. William Cannon Dr., Ste. B-120 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 263-4333 – View Map
Can switching companies really save?
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to convey the message that people will save just by moving your coverage. How does each company lower your premium rates? It’s all in how they say it.
Companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of this type of risk profile may need to be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured that meets those criteria gets the lowest car insurance rates and will also save if they switch.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to these criteria will see higher rates with the end result being the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because of these techniques, drivers must compare rate quotes every year. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide the lowest Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Austin.
Cover all your bases
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Austin is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Austin? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)