Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Austin? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Volkswagen e-Golf in Texas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Volkswagen and locate the cheapest rates.
It’s smart to compare rates as often as possible because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Austin six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Cheapest Volkswagen insurance prices in Austin
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Austin?
Some companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new e-Golf may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Onboard Data Collection – Austin drivers who agree to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Austin could trigger savings when getting a Austin auto insurance quote.
- Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive reduced rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts possibly include:
When getting free Austin auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Austin. If you would like to view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Local Austin insurance agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Austin that can provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Austin?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Austin
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Austin agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Austin willing to provide rate quotes.
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- Bob Jennings – State Farm Insurance Agent
4405 Pack Saddle Pass – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-9671 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fleming and Conway Agency
3435 Greystone Dr Ste 107 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 345-0005 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Austin who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 730-1424 – View Map
- Starr Insurance Agency
8801 Research Blvd #104 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 586-2000 – View Map
- Time Insurance Agency
1405 E Riverside Dr – Austin, TX 78741 – (512) 447-7773 – View Map
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers in Texas can’t get away from ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads seem to make the promise that you’ll save big if you change your auto insurance policy to them.
How can each company have lower policy pricing? This is the trick they use.
Companies have an ideal profile for the type of insured that earns them a profit. An example of this type of driver might have to be over the age of 45, has other policies, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile will get the preferred rates in Austin and will most likely save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who don’t meet these stringent criteria may receive a higher premium with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote. Because each company has a different risk profile, it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have the best Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Austin.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Some car insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents. Affordable Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Austin is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)