Want to save money and find the cheapest Dodge Challenger insurance in Austin? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for your Dodge Challenger in Texas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and find the lowest price from both online companies and Austin agents.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons occasionally because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best price on Dodge Challenger insurance in Austin two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Challenger insurance on the web, but you can learn some tested techniques to put money back in your pocket.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get pricing on their websites. This process is easy for anyone as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
Quoting online for Dodge Challenger insurance in Austin makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get cheaper prices.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can influence premium rates significantly.
Careless driving habits raise Austin auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Challenger insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Challenger in Austin, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers in Texas can’t get away from all the ads that promise big savings by Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount just by moving your coverage to them.
How does every insurance company make the same claim? It’s all in how they say it.
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of this type of risk profile might be described as between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. Any customer who meets those qualifications will get a cheap rate quote in Austin and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Insureds who fall short of the ideal profile will be charged higher premium rates which results in business going elsewhere. The trick is to say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get Austin car insurance quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Austin auto insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t list all discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Austin car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to study vehicle usage remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, driver’s education, passive restraint, accident-free, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, good student, safety features, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and newly married.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Austin. To see insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, click here.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What companies can they write with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Which family members are covered?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Austin for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Austin willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Homero Escobar
730 W Stassney Ln Ste 230 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9598 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cheri Roman
8103 Brodie Ln Ste 7 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 282-9999 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard Harper
1807 W Slaughter Ln Ste 400 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 292-7410 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Austin that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: James Gary Howe
3720 Far West Blvd #114 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 346-7645 – View Map
- Starr Insurance Agency
8801 Research Blvd #104 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 586-2000 – View Map
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence pays off
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to find lower-cost Dodge Challenger insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Austin? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)