Scraping up a payment for expensive Dodge Charger insurance in Austin can eat up your monthly budget, especially in this economy. Comparing cost estimates can be a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
It’s astonishing, but the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Texas could pocket nearly 70% a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around. Many car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive best price available on Dodge Charger insurance in Austin.
Consumers need to compare premium rates every six months since insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Dodge Charger insurance in Austin two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can search a lot of Charger insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some of the best ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Austin insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Austin auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current Charger insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Charger insurance premium.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Austin auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Austin, click here to view.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Dodge Charger insurance in Austin takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information like how many miles driven, the make and model of your vehicles, driver ages, and whether or not you need a SR-22. The data is instantly sent to multiple insurance providers and they return quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$362||$672||$576||$34||$172||$1,816||$151|
|Charger SXT AWD||$336||$538||$490||$30||$146||$1,540||$128|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$258||$532||$538||$32||$162||$1,522||$127|
|Charger R/T AWD||$280||$520||$642||$38||$192||$1,672||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in Austin location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Charger insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Charger replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
The list below includes a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Vehicle features impact premiums – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance level of the car you own makes a big difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Dodge Charger is considered a sports car, rates will be much more than the average rate where you live in Austin.
- Never have auto insurance lapses – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Dodge Charger claim data – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when determining insurance rates. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the loss history for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Charger Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Charger 2WD 148 142 160 176 178 159 Dodge Charger 4WD 124 129 115 107 110 138 Dodge Charger HEMI 156 106 202 118 127 111
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower prices but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Austin that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent agents in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Texas
Even though Austin Charger insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects your Dodge and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Dodge Charger insurance can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Austin auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Austin? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)