Want to know how to find more affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Austin? Are you baffled by the number of car insurance sources in your area? Texas consumers have such a large number of options that it can be a difficult situation to locate the lowest prices for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Austin. Everyone knows that Austin is the perfect city to reside in, but inflated car insurance rates can make it impossible to pay for enough car insurance coverage.
It’s amazing but over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Austin could save up to $1,770 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates.
If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Quoting the lowest-priced insurance in Austin is not as time-consuming as you think. But Texas car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
How to shop Fiat 124 Spider insurance online
When looking for inexpensive Austin car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Texas. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Fiat 124 Spider rates consists of shopping online. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide Austin 124 Spider insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Fiat 124 Spider in Austin, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat 124 Spider has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Fiat 124 Spider but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your 124 Spider definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Learn How to Get Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items companies use to determine premiums.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car you need insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Since the Fiat 124 Spider is classified as a sport coupe, insuring your vehicle will cost much more compared to average rates in Austin. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Tickets increase premiums – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Incidental coverages you don’t need – Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your 124 Spider policy. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Get cheaper costs if you’re married – Being married can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance costs and driver gender – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
Do you qualify for discounts on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Austin?
Companies don’t list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Multi-line Discount – Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Austin car insurance quote.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Fiat can qualify you for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Austin car insurance quote.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, early shopping, switch companies, good student, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, accident-free, defensive driving training, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, multi-policy, newly retired, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
Double check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Austin. To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Austin are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Larry Evins – State Farm Insurance Agent
4534 West Gate Blvd #202 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 327-0303 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Homero Escobar
730 W Stassney Ln Ste 230 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9598 – View Map
- Brandy Whiteside – State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 892-5542 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map
- E-Z Insurance – South
4011 S 1st St – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9700 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
1115 San Jacinto Blvd – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 476-6281 – View Map
Quote more and you will save more
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Austin is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be found on the following sites:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Austin? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)