Finding cheap coverage rates on Fiat 500 insurance in Austin might be a challenge for drivers not familiar with online insurance quotes. There are so many choices that it can easily become a difficult mission to compare prices in Texas on Fiat 500 insurance.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers in Texas have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in the United States could save $850 every year, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
When shopping for Fiat 500 insurance in Austin there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Texas insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find cheaper Fiat 500 rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive get Austin car insurance on the internet.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their company to monitor their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers could receive better insurance rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, multi-car, newly married, new move discount, and safety features.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for multi-policy, paid in full, safe vehicle, air bags, anti-theft, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in Austin. If you would like to view companies who offer free Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Austin, click here.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Austin.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Austin auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Austin can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you need to compare quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Austin that can give you free price quotes.
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 730-1424 – View Map
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Austin exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- Bridgette Hearne – State Farm Insurance Agent
3407 W Slaughter Ln b – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 441-3704 – View Map
- Brandy Whiteside – State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 892-5542 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Austin?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Three reasons to insure your Fiat vehicle
Even though Austin 500 insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your 500, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Fiat 500.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25 in Texas), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your 500 to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for hospital visits, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find cheap Fiat 500 insurance in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Austin car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheap Fiat 500 insurance in Austin is available both online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)