How many times have you told yourself to find the cheapest Dodge Magnum insurance in Austin? Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other people.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Austin could save about 70% every year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to get the best price available on Dodge Magnum insurance in Austin.
Save a ton on Dodge Magnum insurance in Austin with these insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Austin Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Magnum may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Safety – Taking a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, homeowner, drive less, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Dodge Magnum rate quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Austin.
To get affordable Dodge Magnum insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Dodge Magnum rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional advice that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
Just keep in mind that more quotes helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company provides price estimates online, so you also need to get prices from them, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Eight factors that determine insurance costs
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings.
Higher physical damage deductibles cost less – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Stay claim-free and save – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Texas generally give the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Don’t skimp on liability – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Since the Dodge Magnum is a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Austin. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Never have auto insurance lapses – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Magnum scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Dodge Magnum if you improve your credit rating.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to companies in Austin who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Austin?
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Magnum in Austin, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Magnum has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Dodge Magnum and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Austin is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Austin car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your Dodge Magnum insurance auto insurance rates in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Austin car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information is located below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Austin? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)