Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Austin? I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying for insurance, in particular when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save 46.5% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the cheapest price on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Austin.
Companies offering affordable Pontiac Solstice rates in Austin, TX
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Getting married can save on car insurance – Being married may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- What are your comp and collision deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Defend yourself with liability – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Prevent theft and save – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Pontiac Solstice has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher car insurance rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Austin insurance discounts for a Pontiac Solstice
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before being credited.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Austin and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Telematics Devices – Austin drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a Austin auto insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your car insurance premiums.
For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Austin, click here to view.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some people just want to go talk to an agent. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Austin who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Austin?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Austin are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Austin willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Austin independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Popular auto insurance providers such as Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads advertise claims that people will save if you switch your auto insurance coverage to their company. How does every company save you money on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Austin? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. One example of this type of risk profile could possibly be a married female, has few claims, and has great credit. Any customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates in Austin and most likely will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who cannot meet this ideal profile may receive a higher rate with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great rates. Because every company is different, it is so important to do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict the company that will provide the lowest Pontiac Solstice insurance in Austin.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How high should deductibles be on a Pontiac Solstice?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare Pontiac Solstice insurance prices in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When you buy Austin auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Austin? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)