Are you searching for more affordable auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Toyota Matrix insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for a Toyota and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Austin insurance agents.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Matrix S 2WD||$286||$572||$388||$24||$116||$1,386||$116|
|Matrix S AWD||$282||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Matrix XRS 2WD||$282||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,616||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in Austin location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault claims impact Toyota Matrix insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Where to set your deductibles
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Toyota Matrix premium costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Matrix insurance costs by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Matrix insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Get cheaper Toyota Matrix insurance in Austin with discounts
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Austin car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Matrix insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- E-sign – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Austin and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. To view companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Toyota Matrix to commute?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Matrix insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Matrix has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Toyota Matrix
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as nursing services, dental work, chiropractic care, pain medications and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Matrix from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Matrix to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Toyota Matrix.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in Texas), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, bail bonds, funeral expenses, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
We just showed you some good ideas how to find lower-cost Toyota Matrix insurance in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in these articles:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Austin? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)