How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost Ford Escape insurance in Austin? Paying cheaper premium rates for Ford Escape insurance in Austin could be hard for beginners to buying insurance online. People have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can be a chore to lower your prices on Ford Escape insurance.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never quoted insurance rates at all. American drivers could pocket about $850 a year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they bought a different policy.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Escape insurance in Austin a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like how you use your vehicles, if the car is leased, level of coverage desired, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your information is sent automatically to all major companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To check rates for your Ford Escape now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$220||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,082||$90|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$156||$294||$392||$24||$118||$984||$82|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$202||$322||$330||$20||$98||$972||$81|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$156||$252||$340||$20||$102||$870||$73|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$176||$252||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$140||$260||$304||$18||$92||$814||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Ford Escape insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Ford Escape insurance premiums for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insuring your Ford Escape just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Escape insurance, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't listen to company ads
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the ads advertise the message of big savings if you get a free Austin car insurance quote and switch to them. How is it possible that every company can charge you less for car insurance? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that will be a good risk. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has other policies, and has great credit. A customer who matches those parameters will probably get cheap prices and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements may receive higher rates which usually ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "people that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save the amount stated. That is how companies can lure you into getting a quote.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which insurance company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Escape insurance in Austin.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Ford could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, bundled insurance, good student, TimeAway discount, early bird, and accident-free.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple autos, driver's education, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- 21st Century includes discounts for homeowners, anti-lock brakes, driver training, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- Travelers may include discounts for continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, payment discounts, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, air bags, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Austin. To locate insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Austin insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Austin.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Austin who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't even need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use local Austin agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Austin that may be able to give pricing information.
- Stuart Butts Agency Nationwide - Lezam insurance
700 Rio Grande St c - Austin, TX 78701 - (512) 837-5000 - View Map
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 343-0280 - View Map
- Starr Insurance Agency
8801 Research Blvd #104 - Austin, TX 78758 - (512) 586-2000 - View Map
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Austin that are able to give price quote information.
- Robert Ndegwa - State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f - Austin, TX 78753 - (512) 837-8818 - View Map
- Nancy Callahan - State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Jefferson St #313 - Austin, TX 78731 - (512) 451-7573 - View Map
- State Farm: Charlie Anderson
12710 Research Blvd #210 - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 258-2231 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does their agency support local causes in Austin?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
After getting positive feedback to these questions and affordable Ford Escape insurance rates in Austin quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can cancel your policy at any point so never feel you're contractually obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
You can find cheaper coverage
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Ford Escape insurance premium rates in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Escape rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Ford Escape insurance is available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Austin car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)