Wish you could get out of an overpriced insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Because there are so many options when it comes to insurance, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
Choosing the best rates in Austin is not that difficult. Basically, each driver who shops around for car insurance stands a good chance to be able to save money. But Texas drivers do need to know how insurance companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare rates from them, too.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$416||$742||$44||$222||$1,622||$135|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$318||$684||$646||$38||$194||$1,880||$157|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$288||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,208||$101|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$176||$306||$538||$32||$160||$1,212||$101|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$362||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,662||$139|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$354||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,656||$138|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$196||$378||$646||$38||$194||$1,452||$121|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$178||$312||$548||$32||$164||$1,234||$103|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$412||$698||$572||$34||$172||$1,888||$157|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$288||$496||$548||$32||$164||$1,528||$127|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$412||$698||$572||$34||$172||$1,888||$157|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$354||$718||$646||$38||$194||$1,950||$163|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$318||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,474||$123|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$400||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$360||$572||$388||$24||$116||$1,460||$122|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$220||$478||$742||$44||$222||$1,706||$142|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$300||$542||$572||$34||$172||$1,620||$135|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$258||$532||$600||$36||$180||$1,606||$134|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$176||$352||$538||$32||$160||$1,258||$105|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$258||$532||$646||$38||$194||$1,668||$139|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$260||$424||$748||$44||$224||$1,700||$142|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$228||$424||$572||$34||$172||$1,430||$119|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$372||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,444||$120|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$390||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,618||$135|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$440||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,652||$138|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$350||$602||$430||$26||$128||$1,536||$128|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$252||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,138||$95|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$440||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,652||$138|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$230||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,102||$92|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$504||$988||$772||$46||$230||$2,540||$212|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$668||$772||$46||$230||$2,084||$174|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$378||$542||$748||$44||$224||$1,936||$161|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$350||$660||$646||$38||$194||$1,888||$157|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$396||$660||$388||$24||$116||$1,584||$132|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$440||$788||$388||$24||$116||$1,756||$146|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$392||$760||$496||$30||$148||$1,826||$152|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$446||$924||$462||$28||$138||$1,998||$167|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$466||$672||$500||$30||$150||$1,818||$152|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$440||$788||$582||$34||$174||$2,018||$168|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$466||$672||$748||$44||$224||$2,154||$180|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$400||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,802||$150|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$392||$760||$496||$30||$148||$1,826||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect price quotes greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise Ford F-350 insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford F-350 insurance in Austin
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the entire discount list very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Austin auto insurance online.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current F-350 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, payment discounts, student away at school, multi-car, IntelliDrive, and good student.
- American Family discounts include air bags, good student, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, good student, newly married, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, and preferred payment discount.
Check with every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state. For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Austin insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- If they are an independent agency in Austin, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Where are claims handled?
Different people need different insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- How high should deductibles be on a Ford F-350?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The following are a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
Limits of liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
The type of car you drive affects your prices – The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Ford F-350 is considered a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Austin.
Premiums drop with age – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Long commutes cost more – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated F-350 may be wasting your money. Make sure your declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage.
Rates increase with driving citations – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Never have coverage lapses – Not having insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Ford F-350 claim probability – Companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-350 Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-350 4WD||78||54|
|Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD||66||90||98|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD||108||232|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD||96||134||179||47||44||90|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your F-350 just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford F-350 in Austin, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your F-350 has a lien holder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Ford F-350 insurance premium rates online in Austin. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford F-350 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Austin? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)