Would you like to save money by finding more affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Austin? Do you get frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance choices in Austin? Texas vehicle owners have so many choices to choose from that it is a difficult mission to lower your auto insurance rates for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Austin. If you live there, you know that Austin has many things to offer, but expensive auto insurance premiums can make it very difficult to stay on budget.
Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Texas could save themselves up to 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes.
When shopping for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Austin there are multiple ways to compare quotes from local Austin car insurance companies. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Ford Fusion Energi insurance consists of shopping online. Just remember that more quotes helps locate better pricing.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fusion Energi in Austin, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Fusion Energi with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Ford Fusion Energi but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Buy New and Save – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Fusion Energi can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Austin car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- E-sign – A handful of companies provide a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Austin and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply everywhere. To find providers who offer free Ford Fusion Energi insurance quotes in Austin, click here to view.
Buying from insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Austin.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Austin insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Austin can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Austin who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: James Gary Howe
3720 Far West Blvd #114 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 346-7645 – View Map
- Stanley Insurance Agency
512 W Stassney Ln #113 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 445-5555 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Below are Austin exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Fleming and Conway Agency
3435 Greystone Dr Ste 107 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 345-0005 – View Map
- Richard Munoz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5446 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #104 – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 892-3527 – View Map
- Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Austin should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Fusion Energi?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
One last thing to lower rates
Cheap Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Austin can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Austin, so get free Austin car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)